Dr. Yvonne Diaz attended the University of Texas - Pan American from 1986-1990 and graduated from the University of Houston- College of Optometry in May 1994. She received the National Hispanic Scholarship, Letter of Clinical Excellence, and made the Dean's List.
Dr. Diaz is licensed by the Texas Optometry Board to examine and treat patients with ocular disease including glaucoma. She has worked for over 22 years in an ophthalmology practice and her specialties include:
- Treating ocular infections such as blepharitis, conjunctivitis, and keratitis
- Diagnosing glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and macular degeneration
- Removing corneal foreign bodies
Dr. Diaz was born and raised in Edinburg, Texas and graduated from Edinburg High School. She is happily married to Jerry Morales for over 5 years and has shared with us the many reasons behind why she decided to specialize in the field of optometry.
“I was prescribed glasses when I was in second grade. I remember seeing the leaves on the trees for the first time. In school I enjoyed studying math and science. Solving problems is both a challenge and a rewarding endeavor. My desire is to help people see their very best with glasses and/or contact lenses.”
Our doctor currently holds memberships in the following associations:
- Member of the American Optometric Association
- Texas Optometric Association
- Rio Grande Valley Optometric Society
Para leer esta pagina en español, haga clic aquí